White Board Video Series
Is your bill higher than usual?
How we prevent and restore power outages
What is the Facilities Charge?
- I have my bill; where do I find my account number?
Your account number is located in the top right-hand corner of your bill.
- How do I register my account online?
To access your Laurens Electric account online you will need to follow a few simple steps to register.
- Simply click here to go to the Login screen.
- You will see in small print, if you have not registered before, you will need to register now. Please click on Register.
- This will pull up the first step of the registration process.
- Enter your account number, statement ID number (you can find this in the upper right-hand corner on the detachable return-with-payment stub of any current or past billing statement) and e-mail address. Please use the e-mail address that you wish to use during the remainder of the registration process.
- Next, you should receive the confirmation e-mail. This e-mail will be sent to you from Webmaster@laurenselectric.com. Some e-mail filters are set up to send junk mail directly to your trash or deleted folder. If you have not received your e-mail within five minutes you may want to check these folders. Sometimes our e-mail is mistakenly recognized as junk mail.
- Once you receive the e-mail you will be asked a few questions and at that time you will be able to set your password.
Once you have completed the registration process you will be able to access your account online.
- Where do I find my “Statement ID?”
Your statement ID number is in the upper right-hand corner on the detachable return-with-payment stub of any current or past billing statement.
- What if I do not get the e-mail for account registration?
If you have not received the e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org within a few minutes please check your junk mail or deleted items folder. Several e-mail carriers recognize our e-mail address as spam and automatically delete the e-mail. If the e-mail is in your junk mail or deleted items please open the e-mail and complete the steps.
- How long does the registration process take and when will I have access to my account?
The registration process is very quick. Once you have completed the steps you will have immediate access to your account.
- What if I can not remember my password?
If you have already registered and forgotten your password simply click on “Forgot your Password? Click here” Once you click on this option, you will be asked your e-mail address and Mother’s Maiden name. Once you have correctly entered this information you will be sent an e-mail with the password we have on file. If you have not received your e-mail within a few minutes please check your deleted items or junk mail folder. Several e-mail carriers recognize our e-mail address as spam and automatically delete the e-mail. If you get the e-mail and you still are unable to access your account online we will need to reset your login information. Please contact Customer Service or send a Contact Support e-mail so that we can reset your information. Once your login information has been cleared, you will need to re-register your account. Please refer to “How do I register my account online.”
- What if I know my password and my e-mail address and I still can’t log on?
The system is case sensitive. Please try using all caps or lower case letters. If you still have problems, please click “Forgot your password.” You will need to enter your e-mail address and Mother’s Maiden name. Your password will be e-mailed to you if the correct e-mail address is entered. This will help you determine if you have a problem with the actual e-mail address or password. If you are still having problems please contact customer service.
- What if I have changed my e-mail address?
If you have changed your e-mail address Customer Service will need to reset the login information on your account. Once your information has been cleared, you will need to re-register your account. Please refer to “How do I register my account online.”
- I pay several different members’ accounts; will this create a problem?
No. This will not be a problem. However, you will need to use a separate e-mail address for each customer’s name. For security purposes, two member numbers cannot have the same e-mail address listed.
- Is my information safe? What type of security does LEC have for this site?
LEC uses secure socket layer software (SSL), the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure e-commerce transactions. SSL encrypts your information so that no one may access it while it travels the Internet.
- Do you accept credit card payments?
Yes, Laurens Electric Cooperative accepts American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard to pay bills over the phone, online or in the office.
- What options do I have for payment of my bill?
Laurens Electric Cooperative offers many different payment options. We offer payment online, over the phone with a debit/credit card, bank/credit card draft or you can make payment in one of our four offices. We understand the routine of every day can be overwhelming so we want to make payment of your electric bill as simple as possible.
- Is there a charge for pay online/over the phone service?
No, Laurens Electric Cooperative wants to make paying your bill as easy and convenient as possible. We provide this service to our members free of charge.
- Will you keep my e-mail address and other personal information confidential?
Laurens Electric only shares member information externally for surveys to gain member feedback about the co-op. Members may opt out of being contacted for surveys.
E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us.
- How is the amount of my LEC Statement determined?
Your electric meter measures how much electricity you use. Electricity is measured in kilowatt-hours (KWH). One KWH equals 1,000 watts of electricity used during one hour. You are billed for electricity by the number of Kilowatt hours you use.